MACOMB – Macomb city officials announce Halloween Trick or Treating in Macomb will be held on October 30th (Friday) and October 31st (Saturday). Hours will be 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
All citizens are encouraged to follow the recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health relating to trick-or-treating as listed below:
• Anyone participating in trick-or-treating, including those passing out candy, should maintain 6-feet of social distance and wear proper face coverings.
• Consider leaving individually wrapped candy (spaced apart) on a table in driveways or in front of walkways, sidewalks, or any outdoor space where 6-feet of distance can be maintained.
• A Halloween costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask. Ensure that breathing is not impaired if a cloth mask is worn under a costume mask. If so, discard the costume mask.
• Trick-or-treat in groups with household members only.
• Candy collected during trick-or-treating should not be eaten until after handwashing.
• An alternative to traditional trick-or-treating is to set up in a large parking lot or other outdoor setting with tables with individually wrapped candy (spaced apart) where participants with a parent/guardian can parade past while still keeping 6-feet of distance and wearing a face covering. It’s suggested to offer reserved time slots to limit everyone showing up at once.
Please leave a porch light on if you wish to hand out treats. Everyone is reminded to please use extra caution while driving through neighborhoods during the evenings of October 30 and 31.
For information regarding the Illinois Department of Public Health’s guidance pertaining to other Halloween festivities such as haunted houses, adult costume parties, social gatherings, Halloween parties at bars, pumpkin and orchards, and hayrides, please visit the IDPH website at