Mayor Michael Inman announces The Bailey House as a Locally Recognized Historical Home

  • Interested in serving on a board or commission?

    Submit your questionnaire for consideration.

McDonough County Historic Preservation Society, The Bailey House, located at 100 South Campbell Street was built in 1888 and owned by William S. Bailey.  Mr. Bailey was founder and first president of the Union National Bank of Macomb, Illinois.  The Bailey House is an Eastlake style Victorian structure.  Rolla Sullivan a local grocer, purchased the home in 1919.  The house was raised, turned and moved to its present site in 1926 when the Standard Oil Station was built.

Mayor Michael Inman of the City of Macomb announced the Bailey’s House is a Locally Recognized Historical Home.  The Bailey house now has a descriptive plaque, displaying its history, on the east side of the property.  The Bailey house received this plaque after being accepted as an applicant of the Historic Residential Home Plaque Program.  The Bailey House is also on the National Register of Historic Places and is a valued piece of living history in the community. The goal of this program is to recognize and increase the awareness of historic places in Macomb.  This program identifies homes that have a rich and significant history here in Macomb through their location, architecture, materials, and historic association.

For more information about the Historic Residential Home Plaque Program or the Macomb Historic Preservation Commission please visit www.cityofmacomb.com or the office of Community Development at City Hall.

Posted in
Scroll to Top