Water Treatment Plant Information
Macomb’s original water plant was constructed in 1910. This original structure has been upgraded five times in the past decade. These upgrades include an Infilco clarifier, a Greenleaf filter system, a CBI/Walker Process Claricone, a Reverse Osmosis system, and now a PALL filtration system. Most of the generations of upgrades still exist and are operational.
The facility serves a population of approximately 20,000 plus 3 satellite supplies including Western Illinois University. Plant capacity is 4MGD with an average of 2MGD from two parallel treatment trains: a surface water supply, and a ground water supply utilizing a reverse osmosis treatment train which was upgraded January 2011 with Harn R/O Systems Inc. This project was awarded IL APWA public works project of the year for 2011 (less than $2 million).